Monday, November 28, 2011

The Window

Sit in class
All day long.
Hot,
Cramped,
Craving to get out.
Staring at
that clear window
that yells
"Freedom!"
Wiping my forehead
Relieving moist
Condensation
Secreting
From my hot flesh.
My eyes
opening, closing
opening, closing
Like my mouth does
When I speak.
One image
Repeating,
appearing in my head
two hands
touching big,
black
numbers.
refusing
to give
to offer
to loan
me the least amount
of time
to breathe
pure air.
oh, time
goes
so
slow
knocking
knocking
the window
whispering,
"Remove this barrier
let me fill this humid room
with my windy words"
No more can I
stay.
No more can I
Stare.
No more can I
sweat.
Screw what others think
of my hastiness.
Eager eyes,
thumping heart,
clammy hands
on the locks;
unlocking---
forcing dusty window
upward,
head's out..
Finally, that
longed for zephyr
rushes through me
cooling,
calming,
freeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment