Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Real Birds and Bees



You are going through some changes, dear
It’s something we must address
Today you’re a box of dishes
Tomorrow’s another success

I first opened you Christmas Eve
From last year’s cutthroat game
I didn’t like what I found inside
Nor did I know your name

But now I re-wrap what’s been used
And make you look brand new
Like the saying, something old
Something borrowed, something blue

But do try nad keep your wrapping
For as long as you can
A time will come when you’ll be picked
By a woman or a man

They’ll rip and tear at what’s been fixed
And look at your inside
They may like what I’ve done to the place
Or not, but at least I tried

They’ll take you home and use you there
Then probably pass you on
Just know you’re good with what you have
Even though some see a pawn

I’m sorry it has to be this way
I love you and wish the best
Be safe and rememeber to always re-wrap
P.S. Merry Christmas

1 comment:

  1. Mind you, I am personifying a "White Elephant" gift I got on Christmas Eve; talking to it like I am telling it about life and sex.

    ReplyDelete