Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Deceiving Best Friend

I’m so glad to have a best friend like you
People told me you’d leave or disappear
But I didn’t believe them.
Instead you make me happy and feel
Responsible.
Every time I see your green eyes and paper thin body
My shoulders lift themselves and my lips curve up
In the shape of an orange peel.
You are the result of my dedicated
Diligence.
You sing to me whenever we go to stores
And hold my hand when I’m unsure about a purchase.
You help me make the right decisions in predicaments,
Though sometimes you are like a baby and crawl
Everywhere.
When you get annoying, I give you to other people.
Though I love counting the ways we have fun
Your greed gets the best of you
It’s just easiest if I leave you in a special place I know is
Safe
Our fun is always short lived because
You tempt me with your seductive whispers
Saying “Everything is going to be ok; there’s
Enough of me to go around.”  But you’re wrong. 
Damn you, Money.

No comments:

Post a Comment