Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Choking


I remember choking on steak for a long duration
I remember the fear I had in that situation
No one around me would help through my complication
So I just held my neck and waited through the suffocation
People arose and stared as if standing in ovation
While I coughed and pleaded through my anxious aggravation
My eyes were wide in shock begging them for hydration
Why did they just watch me as if I were some decoration?
I remained still as I held my breath in cogitation
How could I have asked for help, what a stupid expecation
I couldn’t wait till it was over, that damn hallucination
I finally spit it out and they extolled congratulation
What a relief to breathe, what a glorious sensation
Then we all went back to our previous conversation
This reminds me, five more weeks until graduation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment