Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Not Meant To Be



I promised myself I wouldn't fall
For you when we started to talk
I said, "Don't run yourself into love
When you know you're supposed to walk."
I didn't plan on getting attached
Because I've never done such a thing
I thought it would be safe to hang with you
It would only be a fling
But you had to make me laugh and smile
With that so called perfect charm
I was giggly and always effervescent
I didn't think it would cause me harm
So I kept hanging out with you all the time
And watched the days go by
I hadn't a clue that the relationship we had
Would end up making me cry
Every time things were going well
There came another complication
There was nothing we could do to avoid it
It was our neglected obligation
No way for us to be together
The present obstacles made it unfair
I turned to God and asked, "Why me?"
Every night in my tearful prayers
We couldn't even hang out like we used to
On the back of your tailgate
No laughing or making inside jokes between us
No staying out real late
The memories we shared are beginning to fade
And my wide grin is now a frown
I wish I could change what's happening
And turn everything around
It's weird because I've never felt this way
About any other guy
I can't believe I fell for you
Why did I even try?
I believe that everything happens for a reason
I guess we're not meant to be
I just hate having to go through this pain
I just want to be happy…


No comments:

Post a Comment