Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Contrast--Brown Delight


I slam my cupboards back and forth
In search of food and drink
But only spiders make their webs
Where food is supposed to be

A can of beans reveals itself
All dusty and dark green
But then I think should I go out
And buy fresh food for me?


A handful of orange curly fries
With a hint of Cajun spice
And cheese that stretches like power lines
On each hot patty slice

But maybe I’ll stick with some good old beans
And sprinkle cheese on top
Some pepper in the brown vortex
And eat it while it’s hot

Hot like a taco plump with beef
With lettuce and sour cream
The sauce dripping down my eager hands
From a chubby taco supreme

But instead I choose to stay at home
No fresh food for me tonight
Just sit in the dark and dip my spoon
In my creamy brown delight

No comments:

Post a Comment