Wednesday, December 5, 2018

For the Love of the Sea

I stand wearily and gaze into the cloudy mystery
Confused about what is present and what is history
Piercing my lips at her infinite glory
One by one she takes for her merciless story

The ocean is as teal as the eyes of my beloved
Who left for love of the sea that I irreparably covet
The crashing white caps of each wave on the shore
Sound as painful as a man who does not love me anymore

The smeared orange horizon smirks against the tumbling waves
As the seductive sea echoes with the souls of her trapped slaves
A warm breeze engulfs me making me yearn for his embrace
Staring into the deep blue, I can almost see his fading face

Without hesitation I curse her under my breath
For she and she alone controls the outcome of life and death
So I toss and turn against the weight of probability
Wondering when and if he will ever come back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment