Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Absent

Remember those times from long ago
When we used to play outside
A moment in time we thought was slow
Now dashes and zooms right by

Those days when dirt stuck under our nails
And we had nowhere to be
Instead of waiting for a signal that fails
We waited for immortality

Our silence was once filled with laughter
Now replaced by a ringtone
Together we knew what we were after
But now I just stand alone

It used to be fun watching our shows
When you were always around
Now I witness our bond decompose
Your head that is constantly down

A lightning bug used to keep you perplexed
By its magic animation
Now it's excitement from a lit up text
That stole your imagination

Our eyes once outlined each fickle cloud
While we laid in mounds of grass
I wish I'd known time only allowed
An instant for a memory to last

The world we know is an ongoing game
I miss you sitting next to me
But things will never be the same
Since the introduction of technology

No comments:

Post a Comment